Mother's Day Gift

Hey, everyone! Yes, I know it is late, but I have a LOT going on right now-mother of three, four if you include my hubby sometimes. ;) Anyway, I made something special for my Mommy this Mother's Day. She works in a legal office and has TONS of desk space! (I am a little jealous...) Also, my mom LOVES flowers but they are, unfortunately, out of my budget. :( So I made some flowers and a vase. The best part is - the flowers will never die!!! And, if worse comes to worse and she hates them...it makes a great paper weight. LOL (I already gave it to her and she loves it - phew!)

The inspiration actually came from a post over on one of my FAVE blogs. Arin at A Piece of Life's Pie, ( CHECK HER OUT!), inspired me with this post. I have been dying to try the paper strip flowers and figured this was my chance. I LOVE them! I am actually impressed by how this turned out. (Go me!! :D)

Materials:

Paper - atd Family Ties specialty collection paper stack (bought at Walmart)
Brads and Ribbons - Close to My Heart
Stems - wooden skewers (found in the cooking section of any store)
Glass Gems - (home decor aisle in Walmart)
Jar - (the spaghetti sauce was very yummy!!)

Golden Cord - (from Christmas wrapping stash)

Tag - (from my stash)

Note: I used Close to My Heart's Staz-On ink remover to remove the best before date that was printed on the jar. (I still can't believe I thought of that!!)

 



















For the card, I tried something a little different. I made a purse! It combines the card and the envelope together too which was a bonus. The pad of paper I used had different types of the same papers. It had some extra thick, textured card stock of each pattern, (which I used on the jar), and then a thinner foil/ sparkly version of the same patterns, (which I used on the envelope). I love how they coordinate but are completely different in both look and texture. After making the card and folding the 'envelope', I attached the back of the card to the middle of the 'envelope' with glue dots. I think it's very cute!

Materials:

(Envelope)
Paper - atd Family Ties specialty collection paper stack (bought at Walmart)
Ribbon and Pearls - Close to My Heart


(Card)
Paper - (from my stash)
Flowers - cut at 1 inch from the Close to My Heart: Art Philosophy cartridge (page 70, Font + Shift)
Card - cut at 6 inches from the Close to My Heart: Art Philosophy cartridge (page 69, Card)
Clear gems - Close to My Heart
Cuttlebug embossing folder - Victoria
EK Success edger punch - Pointed Flower
Golden Cord - (from Christmas wrapping stash)











 The result is an elegant, classical gift that I am proud of. :) I hope you enjoyed it! Take care!!

Comments

  1. Hi there!Thanks for the shout out! You are soo sweet! You did a great job on those flowers. They are a bit tricky and even though I watched a toutorial on them, I it was more of a labor of love than I thought it was. I love the clear stones you used and your card is just darling. I love the rossets! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very happy with how it turned out. When I first saw the flowers on your post, I was like "Now THAT is a good idea!" and I had to try them! I actually made more for my sister's desk at her new job. I have been out of town for a week and unable to craft so I haven't quite finished it but I will post when I am done. You are truly an inspiration to me. :) Take care!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some encouragement! I appreciate each and every one of your comments. You make me smile!

Popular posts from this blog

MCCR 100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop

Fall Mini Book

I'm Finally Back!!! Well...almost.