Yummy Fiesta Alfredo!

Hello, everyone!! How are all of you doing today? I am doing absolutely FANTABULOUS!!! It feels so good to be back into the normal swing of things again! How I missed by blog, my friends, and my crafting! I also missed everything else-laundry, cooking, even diaper changes! It's funny how much you learn to appreciate when you are unable to do any of it. I am sure I will get over it soon, but for now I have a delicious post for you. After 6 weeks of being completely useless, I was able to make my family supper again!!! I love to cook and experiment, to some degree, with my cooking. One thing I dreamed up when I was in the hospital was a delicious Mexican/Italian combination. I LOVE Italian food and once in a while I like to have some Mexican. I had a craving for both so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. When I was in the hospital, people from our church brought my hubby and kidlets tons of food. We got a LOT of chicken! LoL So I was thinking of two main recipes to have with chicken-Fajitas and Fettuccine Alfredo. Why not mix them?? The end result was DELICIOUS and a huge hit at my table. I hope you all enjoy this post and I would love to hear your takes on this recipe and I am curious to see how many others will try it. :)

Recipe:
3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (any type of chicken will do)
1 each of red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper, and green pepper
1 onion
2 cups of sliced mushrooms (I couldn't add them because my husband is extremely picky!) 
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 package of Fajita spice
1 can of Cambell's Cream of Chicken soup
1 jar of alfredo sauce (any brand)
1 package of Fettuccine noodles


Brown chicken in skillet with vegetables. When chicken is browned, add Fajita spice package and about 1/2 cup of water.


Add soup and alfredo sauce. Bring to a slow boil. Add cheese and melt into the sauce. Serve a top noodles and enjoy!

 For a thinner sauce, you can add 1/2 cup of milk.





The biggest test-my picky eater!
(He LOVED it!)

Comments

  1. That looks deslish! May I pin this recipe! I am adding this to my list of recipes I MUST TRY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL Of course! Please do pin it-I am flattered! Let me know what you think of it. :) It was such a hit that I am going to have to make it again soon. I am thinking about using some brown rice instead of noodles next time. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL Of course! Please do pin it-I am flattered! Let me know what you think of it. :) It was such a hit that I am going to have to make it again soon. I am thinking about using some brown rice instead of noodles next time. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think brown rice would rock it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some encouragement! I appreciate each and every one of your comments. You make me smile!

Popular posts from this blog

MCCR 100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop

Fall Mini Book

Bookm-ARGH! Card