Card Creating Tuesday



Good frosty morning, my peeps! I hope you all are having a great Tuesday so far and I hope it only gets better! Today is another design team post for Erica's Cricut Craft Room. We are counting down to Christmas and today's theme is 'cookies on cards'.


This card was simple to make and actually a lot of fun! (Aren't they all??) First, I started by cutting out cookies on a plate from the Sweet Shop cartridge. I cut the image at 1/2 an inch. (My card base is 3 3/4 inches by 6 3/4 inches.) I cut the cookies out twice and reversed the layers to add a little bit of variety to the plate. 


I cut the second set of cookies apart to stack them on the plate. ^.^ Yum!!


Next, I used Gypsy Wanderings, to cut a yummy mug of hot cocoa. 


I cut the image 3 times but used my Gypsy to place each image when I wanted to place the different colored papers on my mat.


To cut each aspect of the image seperately, I used my Gypsy to hide some of the outlines on the image. The cup, for example, is the same image cute twice. One has the heart cut out, the other does not. That is how I got a red heart on a green mug. ^.^


To make my tree, I used a stamp from a flower making stamp kit. Any similiar stamp will work, this is just the one I had on hand. I used the shape of the image to create the branches, The stamp layered very nicely which I believe gave the tree a rustic look. :) I then edged the card with red ink.



Next I cut a small piece of  brown cardstock to make a table top and I used a doily to make a lace table cloth. I added some twine to the tree and some green bling to spice it up a notch. The sentiment is stamped and wet embossed on red paper which I pop dotted to the green ribbon piece. I also used a stamp to create the background pattern on the red paper.


Voila!! Thank you for coming to visit me today. I hope you found some inspiration on how to put cookies on cards. For more inspiration check out the other projects the design team has for you on Erica's blog. Ta!






Comments

  1. Great project Lisa!!!
    MCCR DT Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very great tutorial and project Lisa! Love your tree!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some encouragement! I appreciate each and every one of your comments. You make me smile!

Popular posts from this blog

MCCR 100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop

Fall Mini Book

I'm Finally Back!!! Well...almost.